Background

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Holiday Tradition

Every Christmas, my mother, who should be a professional baker, makes a delectable desert called Georgia Street Squares. With the combination of chocolate, frosting, graham crackers, more chocolate, and other yummy ingredients, these babies call to you from the refrigerator. This year, for our staff Christmas party at work, a decided to make these treats for the first time. I did my best to document the process for my followers so that you too can make these yummy morsels at home!

This recipe involves three layers. Here is what you will need for the first one: 

Graham Crackers, Walnuts, Sugar, Cocoa, Coconut, Uno Egg, Butter, and Vanilla Extract ( I hid it because I don't like the bottle...haha)


Before you do anything else, crush the graham crackers and mix in walnuts and coconut.
Combine a stick of butter with the sugar and cocoa in a double boiler. I finally got to use mine from the wedding! Thank you to my great aunt's!
Once the butter, sugar, and cocoa are melted, add those ingredients to the graham mixture and spread evenly across a 9x13 pan. Pyrex just happens to be my personal favorite.
That's Layer One! Now refrigerate it for about an hour.

Ding! Time for Layer Number Two! Here is what you will need:

 Milk, Powdered Sugar, MORE Butter, and Jello Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix.

 Combine all ingredients in a mixer (mine would be the pink Kitchen Aid that my husband wants to paint) until they take on a frosting consistency.
Then layer that on top of the first layer evenly. Refrigerate for another hour!

The final layer is quite simple, oil and an entire bag of milk chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave, let it cool, then put on top of the first two layers. Then, you know the drill. Let it set up in the fridge for an hour.

Next you might want to consider gifting them to everyone you know because you will eat them all. Seriously. They are dangerous.

If you want the actual recipe, just leave a comment and I will send it to you!

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment