Background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Resolutions...so far...

Thanks to a nice snow storm, I received a wonderful 10 day break from teaching and coaching. That, as one can imagine, allowed me a lovely amount of time to begin working on my resolutions. Here's how I have done so far...

1. READ, READ, READ - I am definitely reading more...yay! Mike and I started a plan to read the Bible in a year and so far we are almost done with Genesis. Interested? Try this link: http://www.ewordtoday.com/year/.

2. Cook More - Since Christmas break, I have been in a cooking frenzy! Here's what's on the menu tonight:

Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash
Just what is a "tagine"  (tay-jeen)?
Any of various Moroccan stews featuring meat or poultry gently simmered with vegetables, olives, preserved lemons, garlic and spices like cumin, ginger, pepper, saffron and turmeric. Tagines are often served with couscous.
You really do learn something new every day!


3. Do More for Others: Inspired by the story of Cami Walker (see video below), I decided to try to give 29 gifts in 29 days. I started out pretty good with three gifts in three days, but then I fell off the train. So, I have decided to not pressure myself, because that's not the point of the exercise. Instead, I will try to give a gift everyday and if one day I cannot, then I will try the next day. Regardless, it gets the attention off of me - so often I worry about ME, ME, ME for absolutely no reason. The feeling I get from giving to another, whether it be an object, help, or simply time is so much better than harping on the same things day to day and essentially beating myself up. 
4. 5K Training and Yoga - due to my "snowcation" last week, I was able to work out quite a bit! No running - this girl DOES NOT run in the snow, however some of my neighbors are apparently more hardcore than I am! I ran one race last Valentine's Day (5K, Cupid's Chase) and it was in the snow. I finished but it was so miserably cold! 
 
Since my last post, my wonderful husband suggested that we start training for a mini-triathlon seeing as though I have a rockin' bike now thanks to him! I will try to keep my audience up to date on how the training is going!
 
Me and My Awesome Bike!!!
  Till then, 

Ashaleeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment