Background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby Brain

So, apparently I went on a long hiatus from the blog world. I suppose I should be honest and just say it: "My name is Ashley, and I suffered from blogging writer's block." It's true, I tried and tried to glue myself to the keyboard and force (what I considered) meaningful blog topics to flow from my fingertips, but alas, nothing. However, the times are a changing and so is our little family of two!

When people say that pregnant women suffer from "baby brain", they are not lying. Scientific research even proves that "surging hormones and high levels of oxytocin  combine to produce symptoms of amnesia" (CBS). I actually saw the words "brain shrinkage" in that article regarding forgetfulness as well - that would explain a lot!

Regardless, it is quite amazing to look back to how I felt in August when I first found out that our family of two would be expanding to three. Through the doctor's appointments and fun ultrasounds, it is so miraculous to think that there is a little life, a little boy, growing and thriving inside of me. I am sure, I will have different feelings in a few months when I am ready to pop, but I absolutely love feeling his little, sometimes big and painful, kicks and punches. What an amazing reminder of how blessed our family is! And as you read above, I need LOTS of reminders currently. With the brain shrinkage and all...

Therefore, I felt it was only appropriate that I celebrate my writer's block freedom by dedicating this post to my current obsession:

This is how we announced the news of our little man waaaay back in November!
Here's to the cure to writer's block (whatever that might be) and Henry Michael Holtzhower, a.k.a Hank, who will make is debut April 29th -ish!


Till then,

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment