Background

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mid-Week Confessions


First of all, thank you to all my lady friends who posted comments on my blog and Facebook. Your words have been a breath of fresh air during a very exciting and busy time! :)

Now, let's do some confessing...

*I have been making a lot of excuses lately when it comes to the food I have consumed. Actually, it would be safe to say that just one excuse has been made. For example: "Why of course I must scarf down that chocolate glazed donut...I'm pregnant!" Or even better, "I deserve this chocolate chip cookie...I'm pregnant." Ah well, I only have four more weeks to use that excuse. Then I am sure it will change to, "I definitely deserve _________ (fill in the blank), I just birthed a tiny human!"

*Lately, I have been acting like I am the toughest pregnant lady on the block for the majority of every day. Then around 8 P.M., I have a hormonal and body meltdown. My mommy friends promise me this is normal.

*Still obsessed with Dance Moms - to my surprise, I just found out that there will be a spin-off called Dance Moms: Miami. As long as they don't take my Abby Lee away, I think I can manage watching both.

*I just finished reading the third book in the Hunger Games Series, Mockingjay. I absolutely loved it. (By the way, I have not seen the film yet. I will be writing a review when I do though!) At times, I was a little disturbed, and I am also not sure how they will handle some of the violence in the third book when the film for it rolls around. However, overall, an amazing series. Since its completion though, I am sadly missing a good fiction book. The confession part of this is that am increasingly more interested in reading Young Adult (YA) books, than I am Adult Fiction. Last night, I bought a sample of this YA novel on my Nook:

And I loved it. Therefore, I shall be purchasing it this evening and beginning my obsession with YA novels situated in dystopian settings once again.

*Cooking-wise, I have developed a small obsession (seems to be the theme of this post) with using egg roll wrappers in precarious ways. For instance, last week I made Chicken Parmesan Wraps using them. Check it out:
Tonight, I'm making mini-lasagnas using egg roll wrappers. They are so versatile and who doesn't love little, tiny lasagnas???
Here's hoping mine look like these! Alright, time to cook...enough confessions!

-Ash

3 comments:

  1. I liked Matched when it came out. I, too, read it just after Hunger Games. I didn't love it, because I thought it was a little predictable, but I enjoyed it. This spring, at our book fair, they had the sequel, and I devoured it. I liked it much better than the first, because it was told from both Cassia's and Ky's point of view. Now I have to wait until November for the third one. I think Xander will have a few chapters in it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am looking forward to reading more of it! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looks AMAZING!!! I've never used egg roll wrappers for anything, but man oh man... I've got a craving for it now! :)

    ReplyDelete