Background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love - Not Necesarily in That Order :)

For months, I kept passing this book in Barnes and Noble. I would pick it up and read the back, then think, "A book about a divorcee, who travels the world to discover who she is?" Definitely not up my alley...Ashley, put the book back on the shelf.
However, the week before my wedding, my Aunt Amy mention the title and her interest in it...that got me thinking...AGAIN. Unfortunately, I am a book addict though and at that time I had four books in my bag that I was reading to some extent, and Eat, Pray, Love was pushed to the back burner again. 
Then, after a marvelous honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (see future post), Mike and I were waiting in the Dallas airport and I realized I was without a book...OH NO! (Those of you who despise reading can laugh and poke fun here...) We went into one of the five million bookstores in that airport and there it was - again - staring me right in the face, and I couldn't resist. Eat, Pray, Love was now my possession.  Mike bought an awesome magazine with Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones on the cover. "A definitely coffee table magazine," he explained. 

Once I opened its pages, I couldn't put the book I had been avoiding down! Starting with the description of her failing marriage, her rebound boyfriend, and the realization she made that her life needed a change, I was hooked! If you like being inspired, I mean inspired, by a book - this is it. This book, in all of its paperback glory, makes you want to tackle every dream and goal you have or have ever had for yourself in your life. Cheesy review? Totally. But when I love something....I tend to go towards the cheese.
Try it, read it, love it...I am only halfway through and I do!







No comments:

Post a Comment