Background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summertime....

Each summer, I always approach the empty, sun-filled days ahead with grand plans that include running, gym visits, organizational projects at our house, lesson planning and preparing for my classes next year, spending time with friends, wakeboarding, meal planning...I mean the list is so outstanding, it's almost impressive.

Today...I wake up at 9 with the freedom of a teacher's summer day ahead of me. So many plans, so many thoughts...where to start??? Instead of hitting the ground running...I hit the couch for a rerun of Desperate Housewives...steamy and entertaining - perfect start to a Wednesday morning. Not exactly on my list, but I convince myself that I deserve it.

After an excellent lunch with my hard-working, handsome husband, I set out to get a few name-changing tasks completed (2 of them), which end up sucking THREE hours out of my day...well worth it in the end though :)

So, I arrive home, ready to organize our closet in the bedroom AND the office and what do I get done? Ummmm, I cleaned out my dresser...then I got tired? How in the world does a teacher, who is off in the summer get tired? Clearly, what I am lacking people is motivation...a kick in the butt! Therefore, I will use this neato-mosquito blog to make a hard copy of a list of must-do's for the remainder of this week.

ASHLEY'S LIST - WEEK ONE 
  • THURSDAY
    • Get up and make iced coffee
    • Go running
    • Go to the gym and work-out
    • Clean up house for in-laws coming to dinner
    • Organize office
    • MUST read some of book you will be teaching next year....haha even teachers are slackers
    • Cook dinner for in-laws
  • FRIDAY
    • Get up and make iced coffee (do we see a trend?)
    • Go to spinning class!!!
    • Continue with office organization project
    • READ and prep for work next year

Already, I feel remarkably better! Thank you blog for your contribution to my mental health today!!!!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. I feel ya on having to WRITE OUT your goals - I do monthly goals and I have gotten SO MUCH DONE in the past 6 months than I probably have... um, ever? Good luck! (But don't beat yourself up if you don't get it all done - it's a big list for 2 days!)

    ReplyDelete