Background

Monday, July 19, 2010

Riding Lake Chickamauga

The first time I ever tried wakeboarding was with Mike about four years ago when we first met. I was horrible and couldn't even get out of the water, but after many attempts, and patient coaching from Mike, I did it! Now, Mike and I consider boarding an important part of our lives. It gives us exercise and quality time together, with friends, and in the beautiful outdoors. Actually if it weren't for Mike, I am pretty sure I would NEVER have tried wakeboarding, or even took up such an interest in it....so thanks, husband!

Due to Mike's interest in boating and boarding, he joined the Chattanooga Water Ski Club (CWSC) ,and I recently became a "spouse" member! Yay! Basically, this is a group of people of all ages that enjoy boating for many reasons, and many of those are skiing, boarding, or skating. It's a great group of folks who are fun to be around during those hot, long, amazing summer days...and nights. :)


 That beauty of a boat in the picture above, is our ride on the water. It is a 1999 Nautique and it gets A LOT of use from about April until September!

That hunk pictured above is my husband, who is a GREAT wakeboarder! I love taking lots and lots of pictures of him wakeboarding...no bias or anything....

And me, well I am pretty much a professional. Check out those mad skills...haha...actually, I am WAY better and I get better every time we go riding! Of course, I have some excellent coaches because there is always at least two or three people on the boat!

There are also a handful of sliders and ramps out in the Ski  Club Slough.

Thanks to our boat and the awesome Ski Club, Mike and I feel very fortunate that just about three weekends out of every month during the hot months, we get to crack open an icy beverage, ride some wakes, and actually be "On a Boat"!

More to come soon...I need to catch up on my posting! :)

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment