Background

Monday, July 12, 2010

A Little Behind, but OUR HONEYMOOOOOON!

So, after getting hitched, Mike and I got home, packed WAY too much (well, that was just me), and boarded a plane bound for Cabo San Lucas, Mexico!

 For those of you who aren't geography buffs, Cabo is on the Baja Peninsula below California. See, I have even included a small map for you! How efficient am I? We actually stayed in San Jose Del Cabo, which is about 20 minutes from Cabo. Mike and me really liked San Jose because it was much more laid back and street vending is not allowed. Therefore, we could walk through the streets without getting hassled to buy a whistle or pet a lizard. Seriously, this lady chased us with three lizards crawling on her!

While in Cabo, we stayed at a wonderful new resort, Barcelo. Here's a few photos!!!

The staircase you see here came from the main lobby...it was beautiful! Those giant white balls, or orbs, as Mike and I called them, would light up at night! We were kind of obsessed with these....
And this was the VIEW from that staircase....notice the little "island" in the left-hand corner. Those were fun to relax and enjoy a beverage on at night!

Prior to the trip, we had signed up to go on a "tour" of Cabo San Lucas. We thought we would just be riding around town and stopping in a few places, but much to our surprise, it included a glass bottom boat tour!



Like we even needed the glass-bottom boat though...check out that clear water. I got to see yellow-tail fish, which I often, very often, enjoy in my sushi! So, nice to meet you yummy fish!




The best part of the Cabo trip HAD to be the beautiful scenery and seeing some famous landmarks. The rocks were unbelievable, along with Lover's Beach, and of course the famous arch!




We went to a glass blowing factory, where I got to blow glass! No evidence of this, but I really did and it was harder than it looked to do! We also found a mango tree (left photo), and I was oh so tempted to just pick some and carry them back home, because they would have been perfectly ripe by then!

We also went to San Jose Del Cabo for some lunch (fresh caught fish...authentically prepared), shopping, and sightseeing! I got some great photos of the mission pictured on the left!

While at our resort, we ate and drank A LOT! Since those are two things that Mike and Ashley really enjoy, one can imagine that this was a good experience for us! The picture above is before we went to the AH-MAZING Japanese restaurant at Barcelo! Hands down the best sushi and Japanese food I have ever had!

Gotta represent the family business! Too bad Prendergast Construction doesn't have koozies...we could rep. our other family business! :)

For some reason, my husband likes to take photos of me....especially when it is WINDY!!!!


This was the bar we made our home while in Cabo. Best bartender...comfy double lounge chairs...perfect sun! I think we tried 35 different drinks during that week, my favorite being the Mango Mojito!

I could have posted 30 other photos, but I think this sums up our wonderful honeymoon! Neither of us had ever been to Cabo before, but we loved every second of it and would like to go back some day! For more photos check out our Facebooks!

Till we meet again....ADIOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment